The Bar cost at a wedding reception can be very expensive. Lily’s Bridal has done some research for you to help save you money on The Bar and still have an amazing party.
1. Specialty cocktails will help stretch the pricey liquor. You can serve more martinis than vodka and cranberry.
2. You do need to have a champagne toast. It can be water or whatever else your guests are drinking.
3. Just have a beer and wine bar.
4. Serve beer cocktails. They are very tasty and less expensive.
5. BYOB – you can stock up on items at sales. Then bring them to your reception.
6. Use all purpose glassware. Having separate glasses for every type of drink can be costly if you are renting.
7. Before refilling or tossing away beverages ask first, so you are not wasting refills or someone’s drink.
8. Instead of wine – server Sangria.
With these 8 simple tips you can cut your Bar bill down and still have an amazing reception. CHEERS!
10 Tips From Lily’s Bridal To Help Pick Out The Best Wedding Shoes
The wrong wedding shoes can have a huge impact on your Wedding Day so to avoid suffering for beauty make sure you pick the best and most comfortable wedding shoes.
The easiest way to make sure you get it right the first time is have your own bridal shoe checklist.
To get you stepping out in style and comfort here are 10 tips from Lily’s Bridal to help you pick the best wedding shoes!
1. Be prepared for your wedding shoe shopping adventure with stockings, fabric samples, wedding jewellery and list of shops to explore.
2. The size of the heel is crucial to the success of your big day. If you are use to low or no heels keep that as your heel height guide. High heels are killers for feet that aren’t use to them. You want to walk down the aisle gracefully and be about to dance and socialise for hours so pick the heel height you can easily manage.
3. Before your buy any shoes have a good walk around the shop in them with stockings on to see how they feel – do they pinch, fall off your heel, rub any spots that could cause blisters? You might need to order in a different size or simple try a different style.
4. Traditionally wedding shoes are either silk or satin and covered in the same fabric as the wedding gown. Now the times have changed and you have a lot more choice. Your wedding shoes can be in beautiful colours like soft pinks, blues or greens, they can even be Doc Martins if that’s your thing!
5. The general rule for the texture of shoes is shiny silk is for shiny fabrics and crepe shoes are for matte dresses, simple shoes for fancy dresses and fancy shoes for simple dresses.
6. Consider the style of the shoes – open toes shoes need painted toenails showing, not the ends of stockings. If you’re wearing stockings the shoes need to have covered toes.
7. Wear your shoes at home and to your dance classes so you can move gracefully and comfortably in them. You want to know how they wear so you know if you need to put bandaids when getting ready on the day. You want to be able to walk on wooden floors, carpets, tiles and gravel so be practiced in walking on the different surfaces in your shoes so you look as wonderful as you want.
8. Prepare the soles of the shoes beforehand by lightly scuffing with sandpaper so they have more texture for grip. Self-adhesive sole pads are also available.
9. Have spare bandaids or blister pads handy on the day to look after any unexpected surprises.
10. Take your wedding shoes to your final wedding dress fitting so the gown’s hem can be made the perfect length. This little detail makes a huge difference.
With these top 10 tips your mission for finding the perfect Wedding Shoes should be less stressful. Enjoy the day shopping for those wedding shoes!
Are you planning on using a Stylist to do your hair and make up for your wedding day? Before you sign your contract with the stylist we suggest you have the following questions answered.
1. How long have you been doing hair and makeup for weddings?
2. Is there a fee for a trial?
3. What does your fee include?
4. How many brides and bridal parties will you book on the same day?
5. Do you have a back up plan just in case you are not able to make it on my wedding day?
6. What type of products will you be using on my hair and face?
7. Do you have references I can contact?
8. Do you have a portfolio I can review?
9. Will you provide me with a schedule for the day? What time to arrive? When will the process start, etc?
10. Will I sign a contract?
We strongly suggest you have these questions answered and once you feel 100% confident in your Hair/Make Up Artist then book the date and sign the contract.
The must attend Prom Event of 2012 is at Lily’s Bridal. No other prom shop in Maryland will have an event like this at their shop! Come shop our prom shop and find your exclusive prom dress at Lily’s Bridal. Lily’s Bridal has designed their own line of prom dresses, Lily Mae. Lily Mae prom dresses are a must see. If you are looking for something trendy, fun, couture, sophisticated, or sweet, Lily Mae prom dresses has you covered. Prom dress sizes from 0 to 30 and prices from $249 to $799.
What is the Prom Phenomenon? First it is FREE to everyone who attends. No appointments are required but we will work on a first come basis. You will work directly with our Prom Stylists to find your perfect prom dress. Once you find your prom dress you will spin our prize wheel. Every spin is a winner. You can win $20 to $40 off your prom dress, $$$ off of jewelry, or a FREE breathable bag.
At the event you can have your pictures taken with your friends in the Photobooth, visit with our Hair/Make up Artist to discuss your special night, and visit with our florist to see what is new with corsages. While dancing and singing along to your favorite songs from the DJ.
Did we mention DOOR PRIZES! All prom shoppers that register with Lily’s Bridal automatically are entered in to our door prize drawings. We are having an extra special drawing on 03/31/2012 for 3 Coach bags. All registered prom shoppers are entered automatically BUT when you purchase your prom dress from Lily’s Bridal you will receive additional entries depending on your prom dress purchase price.
We are so excited to have this extra special event at Lily’s Bridal. We can’t wait to see everyone and help you find your perfect prom dress.
Let’s be honest; the man of your dreams probably did not grow up fantasizing about his wedding day since he was a little boy. So don’t be surprised when his answer to the vast majority of your planning questions is, “Whatever you want, Sweetheart.” Here are a few fail-safe ways to get your man involved in the planning.
1.) Open his mind. The truth is, your guy probably has no idea what it even takes to plan a wedding. He doesn’t understand why you’re freaking out because to him, all you really have to do is show up wearing what you want, make sure there are enough chairs for people, eat some cake and call it a night. Help show him what you’re going through by making a calendar with all of your deadlines marked. This way, he will be able to see, right in front of him what all needs done. Once he sees everything that needs to be done he may be much more apt to help.
2.) Give him tasks he’d be interested in. Yes, this means you’ll probably be on your own when it comes to deciding on the font to use for your invitations, but other things, like choosing the DJ, the flavor of your cake, sampling caters menus, or researching honeymoon destinations are probably more up his alley.
3.) Back off. When you do give him a task, its important that you’re not looking over his shoulder every second attempting to micro-manage any progress. If you want him to research honeymoon spots than let him do it. Don’t constantly ask him, “Did you check the cost of snorkeling in Jamaica? Are there sharks in Jamaica? You know I hate sharks…” Yes. He knows you hate sharks. Back off and let him do the job you gave him.
4.) Narrow down the options and respect his opinion. Naturally, there are going to be some things that you care about more than he does. As mentioned earlier, he probably isn’t going to lose any sleep over the wedding invitations, but you might. So narrow down your options to 3 or 4 you’d be happy with and let him make the final decision. He’ll feel involved and you won’t have to worry about sweating over the difference between white and eggshell white.
5.) Give him the busy work. As harsh as it sounds, a guy often wants to help but would rather leave the creative stuff up to you. This is the, “Just tell me what to do” approach that makes things easier on everyone. Have him balance the budget, make payments to vendors, pick up materials and reserve the reception space. He can do all of these tasks on his own, and you can focus on mastering that perfect napkin fold you saw in a bridal magazine 3 weeks ago or finding the perfect shoes for your bridal gown.
Yes it is Prom Time and one of the top prom shops in Maryland has some exciting news to share. Lily’s Bridal has over 900 dresses in stock and we have the largest selection of exclusive prom dresses in Maryland. We are the only prom shop in Maryland to bring you are own exclusive line of prom dresses, Lily Mae. Our Lily Mae collection is amazing and we are very proud to bring you a line designed by Lily’s Bridal. Lily Mae cannot be found in any other prom shop in Maryland.
What does this mean to the prom girls in Maryland? The biggest benefit is that you won’t find someone else wearing your prom dress. We register all prom dresses purchased from Lily’s Bridal to each school. We will not sell the same dress in the same color to the same prom. Other prom shops in Maryland may register their dresses purchased but you still risk someone else being in the same dress because those dresses are sold at other stores and online. So your chance is very high that someone else will have your prom dress.
Our exclusive line is what makes Lily’s Bridal different than all the other prom shops in Maryland. With our exclusive prom line you won’t have to worry about being in the same dress as someone else.
As you venture out to find your prom we would like to offer you our best advice when shopping for your dress at Prom shops in Maryland.
1. Search prom magazines or online to find styles you like.
2. Get a clear picture of what you would like to wear for you prom.
3. Try on a variety of styles. Be open minded to dresses offered to you by Prom Stylists.
4. Shop early for the best selection.
5. When you find your dress buy it and take it with you. If you wait too long someone else will purchase your dress.
6. If you can’t purchase right away, see if there is any type of hold, so you won’t lose your dress.
According to Bride’s magazine the average cost for a wedding is $24, 844. One of your higher cost items in your wedding is your venue. Lily’s Bridal asked several wedding- planning pros how couples can save on their venue. Here are their top 10 ways for you to save on your venue.
1. Negotiate – Don’t be shy. Most venues will be open to this discussion especially if your wedding date falls during slow months. Those months usually are November, January, February, and March. The key thing is to make reasonable requests. Remember they are a business too.
2. Have a weekday event. The most expensive night for a wedding is Saturday. So how about a Thursday night event? Friday and Sunday would work as well.
3. Find a venue with views, gardens, or personality. This type of venue would save on decorations. They are naturally beautiful and do not need much more in decorations.
4. Stay away from larger cities. Look for venues in more of a rural area.
5. Have your ceremony and reception at the same place. You will cut costs on decorations and fees.
6. Bring your own adult beverages to the site. Make sure they don’t charge a corkage fee.
7. Keep an eye on any additional fees. Such as fees for cutting the wedding cake, valet fees, and coat check.
8. Check out some restaurants for your venue. This would eliminate table rentals, linens, dishes, glasses, and site fees.
9. Don’t forget to check out Country Clubs. Their views are amazing and their meals are wonderful. You will be surprised with their fees. They are not as high as you may think. The one downfall is you may have to know a member.
10. Check out hotels that have great decor. The decor can be worked in to your wedding style, saving you on decorations. You may also receive a discount at the hotel for booking rooms for your guests.
Lily’s Bridal hopes you find this information helpful when planning your wedding.
Planning a wedding can be stressful and very overwhelming. So hiring a wedding consultant to help you plan your wedding can be very beneficial. The most important task a wedding consultant has is to make the bride’s life easier. A wedding consultant can be there from start to finish or can be hired for your wedding day only.
What can a wedding consultant do to help you with your wedding?
- 1. A wedding consultant will listen to your ideas and vision, then suggest what will work best for your style and budget.
- 2. If you just need specific tasks done such as finding a venue, catering, invitations, etc. A wedding consultants will be more than happy to help you with the specific tasks.
- 3. Wedding consultants work with many vendors and will be able to provide the best of the best to fit your needs.
- 4. Point of contact for all of your vendors.
- 5. A wedding consultant will manage the timeline/calender of your to dos and deadlines. Your wedding consultant will handle ALL emergencies.
- 6. Day of issues, your wedding consultant will have an emergency kit and a back up plan. A wedding consultant plans for EVERYTHING.
- 7. Conflicts or issues with members of the wedding, family, or vendors your wedding consultant will be there to mediate it all.
- 8. After the wedding, the wedding consultant will provide you with the most important things that will need to be done after saying I do.
Planning your wedding also means planning your honeymoon. One of the reasons you have a honeymoon is to recharge your body and mind after all the months spent planning your wedding. You and your husband/wife get to spend the much needed precious time together. But your honeymoon does not have to break the bank. You can have your dream honeymoon and save by following a few of our suggestions
1. Travel in the off/low season. Find out when your destination isn’t as popular. Your resort could be up to 50% off. Not to mention flights could be cheaper too.
2. Register for your honeymoon. Great sites such as honeyfund.com and honeymoonwishes.com can allow your guests to contribute to different parts of your trip.
3. Use those miles you have from your bonus credit cards. Use them for flights, hotels, and cars. But remember they are limited so book early.
4. Book early and you may get a deal from the hotel or a cruise line. Booking up to 6 months in advance could get you a free room upgrade, free airfare, onboard credit, or all 3.
5. Opt for an all-inclusive resort. You will only pay what you were quoted. This will inclulde all of your meals, drinks, and gratuities. Some times activities are included as well.
6. You can save a bundle by booking airfare, accommodations, car, and tours all at one time. Look for packages.
7. Carry on your luggage or limit your checked in luggage.
8. Have a hotel reception and receive free stays at any location. When you spend a specific dollar amount most hotels offer free nights stay at any of their locations.
9. Check out ebates.com. You can earn cash by visiting this site before booking hotel reservations.
10. Register at Groupon.com and receive special deals for getaways
While summer and spring are officially wedding season, winter isn’t exactly devoid of weddings. Winter is the season most of us envision ourselves snuggled in a warm cocoon of fuzziness and hot chocolate. Christmas and New Years Day have selfishly kept the enjoyment of winter all to themselves. Besides those two holidays, winter has a reputation for being a time of counting down the days until the snow melts. How ever winter can actually be an excellent time to have a wedding.
Just imagine walking down the aisle in your beautiful white dress as the sky is filled with crystal-like snowflakes that are gently falling all around. Who wouldn’t want to get married in the winter? There are some great benefits for getting married in the winter.
Choice of venues and vendors will be practically unlimited. Many of the top venues in Maryland will book a wedding date 12-24 months in advance. I know several wedding planners in the area that have mentioned that brides will book their date at their preferred venue on the day of their future wedding, TWO YEARS in advance. In the winter months, many venues are slow and are hungry for your business. When that’s the case, you will be much better taken care of on your wedding day.
You can have comfort foods at your wedding. Winter weddings allow you to be creative with the winter wedding menu. Even at the most elegant of affairs, you can mix in a few comfort foods such as macaroni and cheese, lasagna, and hearty soups. You can also add fun winter beverages to your menu such as eggnog, apple cider, and hot chocolate.
Your wedding colors will pop. What’s one of the first rules of interior decorating? Designers often suggest bringing in a white to allow something for the colors to play off of. Well, winter is the perfect clean slate. Whatever colors you choose have virtually nothing to compete with. White is a perfect setting to carry out exactly what you want your final day to look like.
You will be the center of your photographs. Winter white provides a perfect backdrop for photographs. All the colors of your wedding will stand out in your photos. The stillness of a winter day perfectly captures the intense emotion of each moment, the warmth of your embrace providing a striking contrast with the brisk air that surrounds you. Additionally, snow reflects light, meaning even at sunset you will be cast with a soft, difficult to duplicate glow that looks utterly stunning when printed in black and white.
You can be good to your skin. For many brides, a summer wedding means having that perfectly bronzed skin, which can require a lot of work. But in the winter all you need is a healthy glow. To look overly tanned would be out of place, so work with your natural skin tones. Relax with a good body scrub, a slightly tinted lotion and a good night’s sleep. You will look as radiant as ever.
You won’t have to worry about the heat. Many brides and grooms struggle through the summer heat and even pass out due to the heat and stress of the wedding. A winter wedding at least eliminates the heat aspect. For a bride who feels a bit insecure about wearing revealing clothes, the winter season will give her an excuse to cover up a bit more.
Winter weddings are more intimate. Many people wish to have a small, intimate wedding, but it doesn’t always turns out that way. Before they know it, their guest list is in excess of 300. Having a winter wedding may help to keep the guest list down due to winter travel. But for those that want more of their family to attend their wedding a winter wedding may be the best option. A Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, or winter break wedding will make it possible for more people to attend your wedding as they will have time off already and not have to miss work and lose money, or miss important school obligations. For a busy bride or groom, planning a winter holiday wedding is also convenient.
Your honeymoon will be cheaper. If winter wedding destinations are cheaper, it goes to reason that honeymoon locations will also be cheaper. During the off season, you should be able to find great honeymoon packages for vacation places that still have decent weather for the time of year.
All in all, winter weddings are definitely the way to go. You have so many more options to choose from at a lower cost. Not to mention, you will have a ready made gorgeous backdrop for your wedding. Take a chance and experience incredible romance and have a winter wedding!
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- June 2017
- September 2016
- July 2016
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- June 2011
- January 2011
- November 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
Lily's Bridal and Prom Boutique
Monday11:00 am - 6:00 pm (President's Day)
Tuesday11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Thursday12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Friday11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday12:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Prom ONLY
- Loading tweets...