10 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Bridal Show Experience.
Thinking about attending a bridal show? If so, you will be in the presence of many wedding vendors and it can be overwhelming. So how can you make the best of your time there and be on your way to planning your dream wedding? Follow a few of our tips below and they will help you reduce that overwhelming feeling when you attend a bridal show.
1. Don’t go right when the event begins. If possible, come a little later on. The booths will most likely be less crowded and you’ll be able to get more individualized attention.
2. Don’t bring children or come with a large group of people. Remember, this is YOUR day. If you spend your limited amount of time trying to look after kids or tracking down members of your group you will not get the most out of what the show has to offer.
3. Bring Address labels. Many vendors have contests or special offers going on that require some basic information about you. Unless you want to spend half your time writing it down, you might want to consider printing these out beforehand! We recommend including your name, address, e-mail address, and wedding date.
4. Be prepared. Come with specific questions in mind. You could be talking to you future DJ, Photographer, and or Caterer! The more you learn about the vendors, the better. And being prepared with questions can only help you achieve this.
5. Find out what vendors will be attending in advance. This will help you make the most out of your time. Think about it… 50 vendors, 5 minutes per booth…that’s already over 4 hours of your time! Researching in advance allows you come up with your best plan of attack to really find the venders who matter most to you.
6. Bring your calendar to schedule appointments with vendors or to book them on the spot.
7. Bring the following items: Notebook, pen, checkbook, credit card, and a large tote bag. You will be getting a lot of handouts from vendors. Make sure to sort through these handouts right away. If you wait until the next day you may forget which ones you are really interested in. Consider writing your notes on each different brochure you collect. This way it will be easier for you to remember a face to the name when you make follow-up calls.
8. Don’t go on an empty stomach. There may be cake samples available, possibly an appetizer or two, but overall most bridal shows will not have food or drinks available.
9. Wear comfortable shoes. The last thing you want to be is uncomfortable, so grab your favorite pair or flats or comfy boots and you’ll be good to go!
10. Proceed with caution if you are going to make any deposits. Be sure to read all of their terms and conditions so you know what you signed yourself up for. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
BONUS TIP: HAVE FUN! Bridal shows may seem overwhelming at first, but don’t let all the people and the noise get to you! Just gather some information, sign-up for the free contests, and enjoy the fashions brought to the show. It’s all about you, don’t forget that
A veil says – I am the Bride. What veil works best for your style of dress?
Blusher – A Blusher veil is worn over your face as you walk down the aisle. Keeping with tradition, your Dad or the person giving you away will flip it back once you reach the groom and before giving you away at the altar. The Bridal Gown style for a blusher veil would be a sheath style or very full ball gown.
Cathedral – A cathedral veil is the longest of all veils. It will cascade behind you at least 10 feet from your headpiece. The Bridal Gown style for a cathedral veil would be a fitted dress with a shorter train or very full ball gown.
Birdcage – A birdcage veil covers some of the face. It is a retro look that has made a major comeback in bridal accessories. The birdcage veil often has flowers or feathers on the comb or is attached to a little pillbox hat. The Bridal Gown style for the birdcage veil would a dress with a retro vibe and or slinky.
Flyaway – The flyaway veil is short and has multiple layers. The Bridal Gown style for the flyaway veil would be anything from one shoulder fitted to a full ball gown.
Mantilla – The mantilla veil is a Spanish style veil that has an ornate lace on the edge of the veil. The mantilla can be short or long and it sits very flat on the top of the head. The Bridal Gown style for the mantilla is something simple that will not compete with the veils beautiful lace edging.
Waterfall/Fountain – The waterfall/fountain veil has edges that ripple and are embellished with crystals, pearls, ribbon, and or edging. The veil angles around the face and gets longer as it flows down your back. The Bridal Gown style for the waterfall/fountain veil would be anything structured, fitted bodice, and strapless.
Veils come in a variety of sizes, colors, edgings, and layers. Take your time finding your perfect veil. Try on several styles with your dress. Just as your dress speaks to you, so will your veil.
Lily’s Bridal has a large inventory of veils to try on and to purchase. From birdcage veils to cathedral veils. All colors and edges.
WOW WOW WOW. We had an amazing time looking for the best dresses for our Lily’s Brides. We purchased over 60 gowns for the store.
So what did we find? We found an exclusive bridesmaids line that is modern, trendy and best of all you don’t look like a “bridesmaid.” Dresses you can actually wear to any event. Check out the pictures on our Facebook page. Let us know what you think!
Bridal Gowns – we reviewed so many shows but found the best still to be our exclusive bridal line, Robin Jillian. She knocked them out of the park this season. From fitted to ball gowns. AMAZING.
Accessories – More feathers, flower head pieces, headbands, tiaras, and veils. SPARKLE SPARKLE.
We can’t forget the beaded belts that add that something special to your dress. Beaded colored sashes to add to your bridal gown or bridesmaid gown too.
We now have to wait patiently for everything to arrive. Bridal gowns won’t be here until mid January but everything else will be here over the next two months.
We invite you to come see our new merchandise in the next few months.
We are so excited to head out to Dallas to buy new bridal gowns for the Spring 2011 season. We review 1000 of dresses just to find the perfect dresses for Lily’s Bridal.
How do we pick the dresses for the store? First, we see ALL dresses on models. We never order from a picture or from hanging on a rack. We like to see how the dress fits and drapes the body. Second, is the construction of the gown. We only bring in dresses that have proper construction so you do not need to have additional undergarments for support. Third, what options do you have with colors and fabrics? We take all this into consideration before we write an order. We do this with EVERY vendor. It is 3 days packed full of Fashion. It is a ton of fun.
What else do we do at the buying market? We network with other stores across the US and the world. We talk business and before we know it, it is time to get to the airport and head home. We are excited and tired when we come back. We do this three to four times a year. All to bring the best dresses to our customers.
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- June 2017
- September 2016
- July 2016
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- June 2011
- January 2011
- November 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
Lily's Bridal and Prom Boutique
Tuesday11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Thursday12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Friday11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Loading tweets...